Top Posts of 2015

8 comments
Top Posts of 2015
The end of the year is near and as I look back on my life as a blogger, I am still stumped at what makes a post go viral, and just before publishing each post, I question whether or not anyone will like, or even see that post/project. But obviously some projects have been more popular than others and I thought it would be nice to try and understand what my readers like and perhaps might want to see next year... so I've put together a link of my 10 top posts... in the hopes of continuing to inspire you next year...


My most popular post of 2015 was definitely one of my favourites as well... this industrial style bedside table which you can read about HERE. Industrial is really not my design tendency, but I'm so glad I was pushed outside of my comfort zone! And now I am obsessed with everything industrial with patina... in moderation of course! 
A close second, as far as popular and favourite is this Trumeau mirror that I made out of mismatched pieces I had lying around and using techniques I learned from FARRAGOZ. It was also a winner in the Fab Furniture Flippin' Competition for the month of August. You can read all the details HERE
My next favourite is this CLOCK FACE also created using FARRAGOZ techniques, actually the 2nd project in the online course. I deviated a little on the design because I like to be different, and love how it turned out. 

These FAUX ENAMEL TAGS were featured on 15 blog parties. I love how they turned out and got the best compliment from someone who lives in France and thought they thought they were real antique French enamel tags when she first saw my photo.

This desk, didn't get the reach that I had hoped, but is one of my own favourite furniture makeovers. You can read more about this desk HERE.

Loving the green and black combo, this PLANTER which was a labour of love that I had so much fun designing. I love old Typography and it was my first opportunity to use milk paint. Win, win!

This little DESK and desktop organizer was so much fun to style, and went together so well with everything else that I already had on hand. And it seems there are a lot of people who like aqua!

Another popular aqua number is this kid's craft station. I guess there are many who, like me appreciate a good repurpose and that would explain the popularity of this particular post. A simple bread box is something most people can find at the thrift store, so it's doable. You can find out more about it HERE.

This particular project, the FAUX TUFTED HEADBOARD, is one that I am proud of for being original. I like to be different and hadn't seen any realistic attempts at using paint to tuft a headboard. I am really pleased with the way it turned out.

Here is another faux finished furniture piece that is unique and I think looks like the real deal. I guess when it comes to leopard you either love it or don't care for it. You can see all of the steps on how it was achieved HERE.

So what can I deduce from the popularity of these posts? I'm thinking you will be seeing more of what you like... French, Faux, Patina and Repurposed... does that sound about right? Which one is your favourite from 2015?


Partying at these locations…














MONDAYS
Something to Talk About @ Spain Hill Farm
Inspire Me Monday @ Sand and Sisal
The Scoop @ Stone Gable 
Before and After Linkup @ Thrifty Decor Chick

TUESDAYS
SITS Sharefest @ The SITS Girls
Moonlight and Mason Jars @ Cherished Bliss
Inspire Me Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life
Wow Us Wednesdays @ Savvy Southern Style
Talk of the Town @ My Repurposed Life
Dream Create Inspire @ Refresh Living
Swing into Spring @ DIY by Design

WEDNESDAYS
Creative Spark @ Two Purple Couches
Share Your Cup Thursday @ Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson
Home and Garden Thursday @ A Delightsome Life
Share Your Style @ The Vintage Nest
Treasure Hunt Thursday @ From My Front Porch to Yours

THURSDAYS
Brag Worthy Thursday @ Bless'er House
Think and Make Thursdays @ Little Red Brick House
The Creative Circle @ Up to Date Interiors
Vintage Charm @ Charm Bracelet Diva
Shabbilicous Fridays @ The Shabby Art Boutique
Feathered Nest Fridays @ French Country Cottage
Simple and Sweet Fridays @ Rooted In Thyme
The Inspiration Gallery @ craftberry bush
Creativity Unleashed @ Practically Functional
Show and Tell Friday @ My Romantic Home
the weekend retreat @ AKA Design
Inspiration Friday @ The Painted Drawer

FRIDAYS
A morning Cup of Joe @ The Cottage Market
Upcycled Link Party @ Funky Junk Interiors

SATURDAYS
Saturday Sparks @ Pieced Pastimes
Share it One More Time @ One More Time Events
DIY Sunday Showcase @ The Interior Frugalista
Sundays at Home @ Love of Home

SUNDAYS
Silver Pennies Sundays @ Finding Silver Pennies
Inspired By You @ Reinvented
Inspiration Monday @ What Meegan Makes
Amaze Me Mondays @ Dwellings

8 comments

  1. I love all the projects you featured. I agree that green seed furniture piece deserves far more attention. I've pinned most of these to go back for another look soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All great projects, Lucy. My favorite is the Trumeau mirror.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You never cease to amaze me with your talents Lucy! I can't pick a favorite from your Top 10 because each piece has it's unique beauty. I'm looking forward to seeing what you have in store for us in 2016. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so many great and creative projects!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucy, your projects are all so awesome!!! I especially love the bread box crafting station!! I look forward to seeing more of your cool projects in 2016!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just did a similar post about looking back at my 2015 blog posts - isn't it fun?! You sure had some amazing posts last year!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!
    Angie
    PS - I'm visiting from the Weekend Retreat Link Party

    ReplyDelete
  7. So any great projects; love the planter.
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE your metal looking bed side table! You are SO creative! That's by far my most favorite post!!!

    ReplyDelete