Bathroom Organization Using Repurposed Items

15 comments
Bathroom Organization Using Repurposed Items
It's time for another Junk Revision Challenge. A monthly blog hop where we transform so called "junk" into something better. I love a good repurpose don't you! This month the challenge was to come up with repurposed "ORGANIZATION" ideas. Come and check out what we each came up with and you may just be inspired! ...


I love a good creative challenge... and coming up with new ways to reuse things is something that I truly love… and since I am attempting to cut down on spending this year and use what I have, I decided to use my favourite free container again as something that could be used to store toilet paper...

So this is what I began with... an oatmeal container, a cupboard door and some empty jars.

I started out by painting the lids with some white chalk paint knowing that they would end up silver. My hubby drilled holes in the cupboard door for the drawer pulls.
I used some toile wallpaper border I had bought at the thrift store and some decorative metal ribbon that I had found at Hobby Lobby and was waiting to be used.

My first attempt to adhere the wallpaper border with Mod Podge was a fail, so I used it only on the bottom and top edges of the container and on the cut edge. It made for a smoother and seamless look.

The oatmeal container is the perfect size to hold 2 rolls of tp. I placed the holder on a painted candle holder that I had in my stash.

You could use whatever scrapbook paper or paint that would co-ordinate with your bathroom decor.

The lids were painted with silver craft paint. I wrapped the metal ribbon around each of the jars and used sheer white ribbon to hold it together.  I used a heavy duty pair of scissors to cut it. ***Be careful when cutting the ribbon and make sure to cut the edges curved or sand them down or glue on something where the cut edge meets the rest of the ribbon. The metal can puncture your skin!***
I would not recommend using the metal ribbon if you have small children just to be on the safe side... but there are so many ribbons out there that could be added or labels to embellish the jars.

I love trays and think they are so practical when organizing, especially since they can be holders for so many different things and can be used in any room/space in the home. For my tray, I used a stencil that I had bought at Michaels and some gray Waverly chalk paint from Walmart to add the lettering. The cast iron drawer pulls used as handles were a Hobby Lobby find.

What I used for this project...

  • oatmeal container
  • paper of your choice
  • Mod Podge
  • clean jars
  • metal ribbon
  • fabric ribbon 
  • cupboard door
  • stencil
  • drawer pulls
  • paint
Make sure to check out more amazing organization ideas by my fellow Junk Visionaries below...

We will be back next month with some Valentine's Junk Revisions...






Partying at these locations...














MONDAYS
Something to Talk About @ Spain Hill Farm
Inspire Me Monday @ Sand  and Sisal
The Scoop @ Stone Gable
Project Inspire @ Cupcakes and Crinoline 
Before and After Linkup @ Thrifty Decor Chick

TUESDAYS
Moonlight and Mason Jars @ Cherished Bliss
Inspire Me Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life
Wow Us Wednesdays @ Savvy Southern Style
Talk of the Town @ My Repurposed Life
Dream Create Inspire @ Refresh Living
Swing into Spring @ DIY by Design
What's It Wednesdays @ Ivy And Elephants

WEDNESDAYS
Creative Spark @ Two Purple Couches
Share Your Cup Thursday @ Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson
Home and Garden Thursday @ A Delightsome Life
Share Your Style @ The Vintage Nest
Treasure Hunt Thursday @ From My Front Porch to Yours

THURSDAYS
Brag Worthy Thursday @ Bless'er House
Think and Make Thursdays @ Little Red Brick House
The Creative Circle @ Up to Date Interiors
Vintage Charm @ Charm Bracelet Diva
Shabbilicous Fridays @ The Shabby Art Boutique
Feathered Nest Fridays @ French Country Cottage
Simple and Sweet Fridays @ Rooted In Thyme
The Inspiration Gallery @ craftberry bush
Creativity Unleashed @ Practically Functional
Show and Tell Friday @ My Romantic Home
the weekend retreat @ AKA Design
Inspiration Friday @ The Painted Drawer

FRIDAYS
A morning Cup of Joe @ The Cottage Market
Upcycled Link Party @ Funky Junk Interiors

SATURDAYS
Saturday Sparks @ Pieced Pastimes
Share it One More Time @ One More Time Events
DIY Sunday Showcase @ The Interior Frugalista
Sundays at Home @ Love of Home

SUNDAYS
Silver Pennies Sundays @ Finding Silver Pennies
Inspired By You @ Reinvented
Inspiration Monday @ What Meegan Makes
Amaze Me Mondays @ Dwellings

15 comments

  1. Lucy, the repurposed oatmeal container to hold toilet paper is awesome!! I love the graphic you put on the cabinet door turned tray!!! Everything you upcycled looks beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome project Lucy! Love the end result so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing how you have made a pile of rubbish look very elegant. Well done what great ideas !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that metal ribbon! It's so easy to save your jars to use for stuff like this and such a huge $$ saver. I need to copy your oatmeal idea for sure! Thanks Lucy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Black (or gray) and white toile is one of my favorites. Your upcyled oatmeal container to elegant toilet paper holder is amazing!! No one would ever know that's an oatmeal container, oh my goodness. It looks so classy now, as do your jars, what a great repurpose!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LUCY!! I have been looking everywhere for metal ribbon. I'll have to head to Hobby Lobby. Love all your ideas. You are so creative! Pinning and sharing my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love it!! Pinning it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We need this in our powder room! I didn't realize the metal trim was at Hobby Lobby. I love using it for woodworking too! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous idea to store and conceal extra toilet paper rolls Lucy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. very creative and pretty and I really liked the storage for toilet paper idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful project Lucy! Love the toilet paper storage idea, and I've never seen that metal ribbon. So cool! I didn't make it into this challenge, but I'm enjoying seeing what everyone else came up with.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I never would have thought that a roll of TP would fit into one of those oatmeal containers! Kudos on creating such a glam looking storage grouping for the bath. I've been wanting to make my own tray, too, just waiting for the right cabinet door or piece of wood to cross my path! xoKathleen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a great upcycle! I especially love the oatmeal container turned gorgeous toilet paper holder. I never would have thought to do that! Love your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness lucy, what a fantastic idea! I may have to steal this!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fun makeover, I would never had known it was from an oatmeal container!

    ReplyDelete