Repurposed Junk Angel

13 comments
Repurposed Junk Angel
Where has January gone... it has just flown by! Guess what time it is... it's time for "Project Challenge" once again. A whole new year of interesting challenges... This month the item up for challenge was "Spindles, Moulding or Trim".  I had a few projects in mind but decided to raid my stash and use what I already had to come up with one of my favourite things to make... angels...
So after raiding my stash this is what I ended up using. The white piece on the right was originally wood color and I had painted it a while back in a creamy white with a little bit of antiquing glaze. I took the bottom part off and used the top part for the angel. I turned it upside down since it looked more like a head that way.

The paper was in my scrapbook paper stash and tied together the white and the gold and added some interest. It was adhered with mod podge. The crown moulding bits were already cut at an angle and were found in a nearby dumpster where a house renovation was going on last year. I thought they worked well as wings...

The rest of the pieces were adhered together with hot glue. I love that the little shelf allows for the angel to be set on top of a ledge or a table. I think it would be a great place to leave keys.

Can you guess what the halo is? I think it is a can lid. I found it on the ground somewhere and loved the shape and the natural rust patina that being left out in the weather gave it.

The heart was a simple wood heart that I applied some home made gesso to. The arms are wooden pegs used for hanging things off of. I left them in their original wood finish.

In this closeup you can see the subtle effect from the glaze I love to use (Valspar's Antiquing Glaze), which adds instant age and patina. I love how the paper adds some interesting texture without being too busy.

So what do you think... would you have added the paper... painted the shelf white or left it gold?
I have always wanted to make a junk angel and now I can cross it off my list...  or I may make a few more...

Hope I have inspired you to make your own... the possibilities are really only limited by your imagination... and your stash of junk. ;o)

Blessings,
Lucy.

For more Spindle and Moulding inspiration, make sure to click on the links below to check out what my creative blogging friends have come up with for this month's challenge...






Partying at these locations…














MONDAYS
Something to Talk About @ Spain Hill Farm
Inspire Me Monday @ Sand  and Sisal
The Scoop @ Stone Gable 
Before and After Linkup @ Thrifty Decor Chick

TUESDAYS
SITS Sharefest @ The SITS Girls
Moonlight and Mason Jars @ Cherished Bliss

Inspire Me Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life
Wow Us Wednesdays @ Savvy Southern Style
Vintage Inspiration Party @ My Salvaged Treasures
Dream Create Inspire @ Refresh Living
Swing into Spring @ DIY by Design
What's It Wednesdays @ Ivy And Elephants

WEDNESDAYS
Creative Spark @ Two Purple Couches
Share Your Cup Thursday @ Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson
Home and Garden Thursday @ A Delightsome Life
Share Your Style @ The Vintage Nest
Treasure Hunt Thursday @ From My Front Porch to Yours

THURSDAYS
Brag Worthy Thursday @ Bless'er House
Think and Make Thursdays @ Little Red Brick House
The Creative Circle @ Up to Date Interiors
Vintage Charm @ Charm Bracelet Diva
Shabbilicous Fridays @ The Shabby Art Boutique
Feathered Nest Fridays @ French Country Cottage
Simple and Sweet Fridays @ Rooted In Thyme
The Inspiration Gallery @ craftberry bush
Creativity Unleashed @ Practically Functional
Show and Tell Friday @ My Romantic Home
the weekend retreat @ AKA Design
Inspiration Friday @ The Painted Drawer

FRIDAYS
A morning Cup of Joe @ The Cottage Market
Upcycled Link Party @ Funky Junk Interiors

SATURDAYS
Saturday Sparks @ Pieced Pastimes
Share it One More Time @ One More Time Events
DIY Sunday Showcase @ The Interior Frugalista
Sundays at Home @ Love of Home

SUNDAYS
Silver Pennies Sundays @ Finding Silver Pennies
Inspired By You @ Reinvented
Inspiration Monday @ What Meegan Makes
Amaze Me Mondays @ Dwellings

13 comments

  1. Your Angel is so adorable. You are so creative. I never would have thought to take all those different pieces and make something like that. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing, Lucy. I never know what to do with vintage wooden pieces and this is truly thinking outside the box. Fantastic creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lucy, the angel is adorbs!!!! I could have never put it together using all those pieces!!!! Totally out of the box and awesome!!! MUAHHHH

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very creative and sweet! I like to raid the home reno and builds scrap pile too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute is this!!! Very creative Lucy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a great job putting your junk angel together. Love it the way it is!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this, Lucy! You were so creative to put these things together to make an angel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So creative and sweet! I love this. All the rustic goodness for such a sweet subject. Yeah. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness Lucy, your Junk Angel is gorgeous - I just love her!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lucy, love your upcycled angel!! So cute and clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. she is so charming and creative! Thank you for the inspiration..
    Blessings, Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love her!!I love angels and she is just heavenly!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely! What a creative idea!

    ReplyDelete