Vintage Tablecloth Repurposed into Banner/Bunting

13 comments
Vintage Tablecloth Repurposed into Banner/Bunting
It's been ages since I have done one of my favourite things, or at least blogged about it... repurposing! It's time for another Junk Revision Challenge. This month's challenge is "RELOVED FABRIC".  I love patterned fabric! Really love it, and this vintage rose tablecloth I repurposed was bought at a yard sale on my birthday a few years back...

As you can see as much as I wanted to reuse it as a tablecloth, it was too stained for my taste. But for $1 I couldn't pass it up. The original thought was to try and get the same pattern for each of the bunting pieces, but I realized that would limit how much of the tablecloth would be able to be salvaged.

Wanting to use as much of it as possible I made two templates, a smaller and larger bunting shape that I would alternate along the jute rope used to hang it. I used hot glue to adhere it to the jute.

I left enough space to add 12 inch strips of green fabric taken from an old cotton shirt I had on hand,  cut into half inch wide strips and hand tied onto the banner.

Allowing each shape to be different from the other, made it possible to make two 9 foot long banners that I used for a birthday celebration at a friend's farm...

I think they give the surroundings a beautiful punch of color...

I even used it to liven up the inside of my tent at last year's "Bloomin Festival" craft show...

... as well as the outside. The burlap banners were fun to make as well. I actually sold a part of the rose bunting to a lady who wanted to use it for her daughter's 3rd birthday. It happened to have enough bunting pieces needed to spell her name.

So the next time you find a vintage table cloth that has a few stains or even many stains consider giving it a new life as a banner that is sure to add charm to any decor or event.

Blessings!

Lucy

 

Make sure to check out more inspirational ideas by my fellow Junk Visionaries below...







13 comments

  1. Love the flowers, great fabric choice for bunting. Very pretty !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I buy old tablecloths, too, Lucy. Your bunting is really pretty. They look like ranunculas - some of my favorite flowers! And you can never go wrong with pink:) Great way to repurpose some otherwise useless fabric! xoKathleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the banner! How did you finish the backs of the cut triangles? I would like to make something similar if I knew how you finished this. It is soooo cute though...love the pink and green combo. Visiting from another Junk Revision link.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Florence, I didn't finish the back with anything. The tablecloth was highly starched, so it was pretty stiff. I made another banner and used fabric webbing on the back of it to stop it from fraying. Hope that helps! ;o)

      Delete
  4. Lucy, that's seriously gorgeous. I'm going to be looking out for old tablecloths from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great idea Lucy, the pattern is so pretty so why not using it for something else? Does it fray?
    I chose this a my pick for this week's party, congratulations! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE your bunting. The rose fabric is beyond gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous, such a lovely way to give an old thing a new life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've got me rethinking all my vintage tablecloths Lucy. Love this re-purpose project!! Thank you for linking it up at Shabbilicious Friday. I'm delighted to be featuring it at tomorrow's party and pinning also.
    Hugs ~ Kerryanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love repurposing! It's so fun to get the brain thinking of the possibilities. :) Love the bunting! The tablecloth is darling and I would have picked it up as well. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty and a great way to reuse!
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous repurpose!!! I love the fabric!! And what a fun challenge! :-)

    Thank you so much for joining us over at Waste Not Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete